In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, all March volunteer events are cancelled. In the coming days, we will brainstorm other ways we can help the community, without being in close contact with others. In the mean time, please be helpful to your elderly neighbors, and families with small children. This is a hardship for them. If you are healthy, you may offer to shop for them, or offer babysitting services.
For those of you needing to pick up awards certificates and prizes, all Town buildings are closed to the public. I will let you know when you can enter.
Since this is a fluid situation, I will need to re-evaluate the April calendar. You will receive an email, once it is final.
Stay well and wash your hands.
Volunteers are given supervised opportunities throughout the community. We help at events serving the elderly, children, community, low income populations, and persons with a disability. All events are supervised by YES staff. We keep a record of volunteers’ hours, and provide confirmation of hours for school or references.
To become a member, kindly click on the Register Now button and fill out the application. Once your application is processed, new members are required to attend an orientation prior to volunteering. Orientations are held once per month.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SIGN UP LIMIT FOR DECEMBER WILL BE 2 EVENTS AND/OR WAITLISTS
1. Enter web address: www.amherstyes.org
2. Click on the Sign Up button. You will then enter your name, email address, and create a password.
3. Wait for administrator approval. Accounts are approved after a YES application has been completed, turned in, and processed.
4. After your account is approved, you may sign up for your orientation and volunteer events. New members are required to attend a New Member Orientation, prior to volunteering at an event.
5. When you choose your events, you will be limited to signing up for 3 events/waitlists. You may add another, after an event has passed.
6. IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND AN EVENT YOU HAVE SIGNED UP FOR, YOU MUST REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THAT EVENT, MORE THAN 2 HOURS PRIOR. You must log onto the system to remove yourself. This is very important. By removing yourself, you will open up the spot for someone else. If you do not do so, it is considered a NO-SHOW. Three NO-SHOWS in one calendar year will result in dismissal from the program.
If you have any questions, please contact me at 631-7210 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If school or after school activities are closed due to inclement weather, our events will be canceled. In addition, if there is a driving ban, our events are canceled.
Northtown Center at Amherst, 1615 Amherst Manor Dr., Williamsville, NY 14221