Congratulations to Jared Schmitt! He is our December Extraordinary Volunteer. YES Staff, Angie Garcia nominated him, and this is what she said: (Jared was volunteering at Heritage House Group Home for disabled adults). He went around and asked each resident what there favorite holiday song was, then he started singing one of them. He then asked what there favorite thing to was to do this time of year. He gave each one of them a high five before we left. He was just very engaging . The residents loved it. Usually the kids are a bit hesitant when they are there, but not him he seemed like he had been doing this for years. Like an old soul in a young body.
Wow! Thank you Jared! You will receive a gift card as a token of our appreciation for being so Awesome!
Volunteers are given supervised opportunities throughout the community. We help at events serving the elderly, children, community, low income populations, and persons with a disability. All events are supervised by YES staff. We keep a record of volunteers’ hours, and provide confirmation of hours for school or references.
To become a member, kindly click on the Register Now button and fill out the application. Once your application is processed, new members are required to attend an orientation prior to volunteering. Orientations are held once per month.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SIGN UP LIMIT FOR DECEMBER WILL BE 2 EVENTS AND/OR WAITLISTS
1. Enter web address: www.amherstyes.org
2. Click on the Sign Up button. You will then enter your name, email address, and create a password.
3. Wait for administrator approval. Accounts are approved after a YES application has been completed, turned in, and processed.
4. After your account is approved, you may sign up for your orientation and volunteer events. New members are required to attend a New Member Orientation, prior to volunteering at an event.
5. When you choose your events, you will be limited to signing up for 3 events/waitlists. You may add another, after an event has passed.
6. IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND AN EVENT YOU HAVE SIGNED UP FOR, YOU MUST REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THAT EVENT, MORE THAN 2 HOURS PRIOR. You must log onto the system to remove yourself. This is very important. By removing yourself, you will open up the spot for someone else. If you do not do so, it is considered a NO-SHOW. Three NO-SHOWS in one calendar year will result in dismissal from the program.
If you have any questions, please contact me at 631-7210 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If school or after school activities are closed due to inclement weather, our events will be canceled. In addition, if there is a driving ban, our events are canceled.
Northtown Center at Amherst, 1615 Amherst Manor Dr., Williamsville, NY 14221